Joppa Health Share is not an insurance company, but a religious health care sharing ministry. A health share is not insurance.
Joppa Health Share is a nonprofit health care sharing ministry.
"All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all."
– Acts 4:32-33
To guide our faith community to share what they have to bless those in need.
A world where health care is provided as an expression of God’s love. Open to everyone and free from worry.
Our Members Shared
Religious and Ethical Beliefs
As a Joppa Member, you’ll feel confident that you’re sharing health care costs with a community that shares in your faith:
Joppa Health Share, a 501(c)(3), is not insurance and Joppa Health Share is not an insurance company, but a religious health care sharing ministry.
1. We believe it is our right to make our own decisions regarding health care, in consultation with physicians, family and/or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints and oversight.
2. We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to teach, correct, and train us to live.
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17
3. We believe our actions must be in accordance to biblical teachings.
4. We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
– 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
5. We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist others with medical needs according to our available resources and opportunity. – Galatians 6:2
How Does Joppa Health Share Work
With multiple programs to choose from, Members select the program that best suits their needs. Through affordable Monthly Contributions made by all Members, Joppa Health Share facilitates the sharing of Members’ eligible medical expenses. Joppa Health Share welcomes Members to join at any time. Unlike traditional health insurance enrollment is not limited to or have restricted enrollment periods. Programs are available with the 1st and the 15th of the month effective dates.
The Genesis Programs are Defined Sharing Programs designed to provide affordable protection for Members seeking an alternative to health insurance. Genesis Basic Program provides sharing for Day-to-Day Care and Preventive Services, designed for Individuals and Families who are prepared for the Catastrophic Events, but searching for Day-to-Day Health Care needs such as PCP, Specialists, Urgent Care Visits, Telemedicine services for injury and illness. The Genesis Preferred, Premium and Platinum Programs expands the Day-to-Day Care and Preventive Services sharing to include predetermined sharing amounts for Inpatient Hospitalization Room and Board, Hospital Admission 1st Day, Inpatient Surgical Services, Ambulance, ER, Outpatient Surgery and Maternity.
Click Below to Review Genesis Program Guidelines
The Concord Program is a Capped Sharing Program designed to provide affordable protection for Members seeking an alternative to health insurance.The Concord Program offers 3 distinct Program levels, Sharing 25k, Sharing 50k and Sharing 75k, Each provides sharing for Day-to-Day Care with up to 6 Primary Care, Specialist or Urgent Care Facility Visits per Program Year and Preventive Services. Plus sharing for Inpatient Hospital and Surgery Services, Outpatient Surgery, Outpatient Services, Maternity and more.